I am tired of Trump supporters telling me that Trump is a brilliant business man. He is not. He is a failing business man who routinely files bankruptcy when he can’t make his businesses work, stiffing his creditors and workers. He is a con man who spent his entire career sucking money out of the middle class to enrich himself. Trump University is just one example.
Trump knows the game of the rich class, and he is putting on a circus for the middle class to distract us from what is really going on. The ultra rich, and the corporate world, are benefitting from what is going on quietly behind the scenes while we’re all distracted by the dazzling magic show of blunders and corruption and outrageous stagecraft at this rallies.
He puts on the Immigrants are Evil public show, knowing fully well that none of his facts make any sense, immigrants have nothing to do with the problems of America, because he knows we can only be angry about one thing at a time.
It’s the deeds of Congress and his cabinet behind the scenes that we should really be worried about. Here are just a few of them:
- Dismantling National Parks or opening them to exploitation by mining and logging.
- Removing consumer protections imposed on banks and credit companies.
- Instituting tax cuts that favor businesses and super wealthy individuals and are largely meaningless to the middle class.
- Neutering the EPA, whose mission it is to protect the public from corporate pollution.
- Dismantling the Department of Education and pushing our public funds to private for profit schools where we have no control over the use of the funds.
- Increasing the military budget and thus feeding the military industrial complex. The increase of $80 billion this year alone is more than the entire military budget of Russia.
- Removing civil rights protections.
- Removing all our work toward research and protection against climate change. This is the worst crime of all, since it’s going to take decades to fix, and our grandchildren get to clean up the mess. This is a crime against humanity.
Watch the hand behind his back, not the circus in front of our faces.
We, the middle class, are getting hurt and exploited everywhere along the way. The debt is skyrocketing. Some day we will have to pay for all this, and Trump won’t be around to help with it.
Corporate America is doing great and the middle class is not getting the benefits. That’s why the stock market is rising.
When it all comes crumbling down, the rich aren’t going to be affected much. They’ll still eat and travel in helicopters. It’s the middle class that will lose everything – once again.
Trump will long be gone by then.
We will still be here.