Here are a list of facts:
- Gas prices are lower than they have been in years, and are still falling.
- The U.S. is the second largest oil producer in the world, poised to take the number one slot from Saudi Arabia. Oil imports are declining.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is at 17,000, a record. It was at 7,000 when Bush left office, and never higher than 14,000 while he was in office.
- The dollar is now at its strongest levels in years.
- There is no inflation.
- Our interest rates are the lowest in 30 years.
- Our deficit is rapidly declining.
- Our unemployment rate is lower than 6%. We have added 200,000 jobs a month, every month, for years. We have added 10.6 million jobs over 56 straight months of job growth.
- We have almost doubled the wealth of billionaires in the country since Obama. The wealthy make more money than ever today, and their taxes are the lowest in history, and the lowest in the world.
- America is leading the world once again and is respected internationally, unlike when Bush was in office.
- Obama brought soldiers home from Iraq and stopped the bleeding and dying of Americans for foreign causes.
- Obama found and killed Osama bin Laden.
And yet, we just voted the Republicans into both houses of Congress and into many state governorships, decimating the Democrats. I can only see four main initiatives of the Republicans:
- Undo the Affordable Care Act (which would mean taking away the health insurance of 10 million Americans who finally now were able to get insurance).
- Do nothing further about our immigration problem and somehow deport 11 million people.
- Send American soldiers back into Iraq to get killed and maimed for the bizarre delusions of a messed-up religion under the lie of calling it protecting our homeland and freedom.
- Sue, impeach or otherwise paralyze Obama.
So the American people voted to impair or throw out the president who dug us out of the mess Bush put us in?
I don’t get it. What do people want? Go back to where we were in 2007?