A 68-year-old black veteran with a heart condition gets killed by White Plains, NY police officers when they respond to a distress call by a medical alert system. The police appears to argue that officers felt attacked and responded in self-defense.
- They came to his house after a medical alert call.
- He didn’t want them there and asked them to leave.
- They broke into his house.
- They hit him with a Taser.
- They saw him grab a knife (and by now I’d grab a weapon too, heart condition or not).
- They shot him in the chest twice, killing him.
Why, why, why? There are so many things wrong with this, how can a nightmare like this actually happen?